Having a payday loan can be a really great experience for some people but others do not find it so. It is worth understanding what you can do in order to make sure that you get the very best form your loan.
- Only borrow what you need – it is so important to only borrow the amount of money that you really need to. It can be tempting to buy more than you need because you will have some extra money to use. However, as with all loans, you will be charged interest on everything that you borrow. This means that you will be better off if you borrow less. It will also be easier to repay the loan if you do not borrow as much and so this is something to bear in mind as well. While the idea of having some extra money that you can use to treat yourself is very tempting, it is wise to consider the costs and your current financial situation and do you best to hold off with borrowing too much until you are sure that you will be able to afford it.
- Make sure you can repay on time – it is really important to make sure that you can repay on time. You will be given a repayment date and how much you will need to repay on that date and so you can be prepared. You will also have a direct debit set up to automatically make the payment. However, this does not mean that you can just sit back and relax. You will need to monitor your money to make sure that there will be enough to repay the loan when the repayment comes out. There could be other payments going out on that day and so you will need to make sure that there is enough money to pay for those as well. You need to be sure that you will be paid on time and therefore that the money will be available as well. If you have other things to pay before you get paid then you will need to be sure that there will still be enough money available so that you do not go overdrawn and therefore that will be paid off before you repay your loan and there is a risk that there will not be enough money left to pay it.
- Pick the right lender – it is important to make sure that you pick a lender that will suit you. As well as comparing lenders on prices you might also want to look at their reputation, customer service and history. You can do this sort of research online but it could be biased and so the best way to find out is to ask people that you know as there is a much smaller chance that they will be biased in their opinions.
- Borrow at the right time – it is worth making sure that you are borrowing money at the right time for you. You want to leave it as close as possible to your payday and then you will pay the least amount of interest. Therefore, if you try to manage as long as you can without borrowing, it could really benefit you.
- Consider repaying early – if you are in a situation where you have enough money to repay all or some of the payday loan early then this could be a wise thing to do. It is important to make sure that you will be able to manage if you do this, as if it leaves you short of money then you might have to look around for another loan to keep you going. However, if you do have spare money and feel that you will have plenty to repay some or all of the loan then it can be a great thing to do because you will end up paying less interest and so the loan will be cheaper. Although, some loans may have fees for repaying early and you may find that it is not worth it. Make sure that you check this, perhaps by contacting customer services first, to ensure that you will not be charged. If you think that you might be able to repay and have not yet taken out a loan, then it could be worth checking with the lenders to make sure that there is no fee, before you decide who to borrow from.
As you can see, there are a lot of things that you can do to make sure that you make the most form your loan. It is easy to just take out a loan and not really think about it, but it is worth thinking and making sure you get the best you can from it. It will benefit you a lot and will make your whole borrowing experience much more positive.